Thursday, May 1, 2014

In the Works

I've slowed down on posting of late, and thought I'd take a minute to give an update on our exciting new plans! While James spends his days in the beautiful foothills near Tetonia, Idaho taking K-12 graders on nature walks and teaching art skills along with plant ID and geology, I'm busy packing all of our junk (over half of it indispensable art supplies) and planning how to remodel our recently acquired truck and camper. In June we'll officially be free for two months to head to the mountains and paint landscapes outdoors in parts of Montana and Idaho, including Glacier Park. Woohoo! Oxygen and sunshine, here we come! I can't wait. Except that I have a ton of work to do before we can go. Like take the roof of the camper off and rebuild it. And stuff. Lol. Here's what our truck looks like:


And the camper looks something like this:


These aren't my photos- It's too dark out to take photos right now so I grabbed these off the internet.
The inside of the camper is a hideous burnt orange, brown, and tan, with nasty old wood paneling and retro linoleum that doesn't match. So it's all coming out. James and I already ripped out the ceiling and insulation, and some of the wall paneling. Tonight I'm working on recovering the seat cushions. I found some upholstery fabric on etsy that I absolutely LOVE and it was only half the price of the fabric I found anywhere else of the same dimensions.


I'm going to paint the walls grey, the trim white, and put in a faux wood floor and countertop- probably dark. I'll post some before and after pics when I get that far. :)

I've also been thinking about how we'll store wet paintings, and am planning to build some sort of wet painting rack above the table. Also, since we're taking two toddlers, I need to build an easily removable railing between the table area and the floor so they don't roll out of bed. Yes, a camper crib. :) Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment